.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Friday, April 14, 2006

Writing Frenzy

I've just pounded out the longest story I've ever written for a Liberty Hall Flash Challenge. Usually my stories run 300-500 words for these challenges, but this one went over 1000. And, it was good! Well, at least I think it was; I didn't have time to read it over before submitting, but I feel very good about this story. I would say more, but there are Liberty Hall denizens who read this blog so I'll keep my mouth shut. Wouldn't want to ruin the fun of guessing who wrote what.

I've been working on a rather literary scifi piece called "Sailor in a Jet Black Sea." Conrad flees to the depths of space to escape the voices that plague him, only to discover that he brought them along. It's one of my favorites, and I've gotten some good critiques that will help make it ready to send out to markets.

There has also been one more review of the Fall issue of Shimmer (and consequently, of "A Convocation of Clowns"). It's up at SF Site, but here is the relevant bit:

"Other highlights include..."A Convocation of Clowns" by Mel Cameron, a very creepy flash piece that is adequately summed up by its title."

The 120 days of Shimmer's exclusivity are over, so now "A Convocation of Clowns" is back on the market circuit as a reprint.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Mel, you got published in Shimmer. That is great. I wish you many, many more pubs.

By the way, you have been blogtagged. Please, stop by my little cyber spot to see how to play.

April 21, 2006 at 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home