.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Scrapbooking Madness

I spent the days after Christmas scrapbooking like a madwoman. It had been about a month since I'd done any work, so I was raring to go. My first project was Tiger's first Christmas (last year) for her baby scrapbook. I decided to design a series of photo frames that were shaped like Christmas decorations or toys. I spent nearly all of the first day drawing designs on cardstock, coloring them in, and cutting them out. It was exhausting, but I'm really proud of the final results.


My second project was Tiger's first birthday. This went much faster, because I had a set of really cute stickers that caused the page to practically design itself. All I had to do was cut mats for the photos and arrange everything. My mother was quite impressed by how all the colors went together (yellow, pink, and purple on the page, and the pink in Tiger's outfit). Then I told her that I had bought the paper and stickers before her birthday and I had chosen her outfit to complement them. I think she was slightly disturbed by that level of planning and foresight.


The final page that I did was for a hike we had gone on in October. It was a very simple layout, but I took the opportunity to play with some different lettering styles.


All of these pages are for Tiger's baby book. I decided that events from the first year, plus each birthday after that, will go in each child's personal scrapbook. Other events will go into family scrapbooks.

All in all, it was a productive two days of scrapbooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home