.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Shiny

A few weeks ago, Corvus and I had an exchange that went something like this:

Me (wistfully): So, can I buy Serenity for you for Christmas?
Corvus: Wait, you want to buy me a movie for a series that I've never watched?
Me: Well, yeah.
Corvus: Can I have the Christmas present I got you?
Me: Why, is it something you'd like?
Corvus: Yeah, actually.
Me: We could share...

For those of you who don't know, Serenity is the follow-up movie to a tv series called Firefly. It's a strange hybrid of science fiction and western that only made it half of a season before Fox cancelled it.

However, the show built up enough of a following that Joss Whedon (the creator) was able to make a movie to tie up the loose ends in the plot. As soon as Corvus finishes watching the tv episodes, we'll be watching Serenity together. Until then, it will sit under our Christmas tree, thoroughly wrapped to keep me from cheating and watching it first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home