.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

And we're off!

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) began today. The goal is to have 50,000 words of a novel completed by November 30.

I am treating this as a month-long flash challenge. In other words, I have done almost no planning before-hand, and I'll just be following where the story leads me.

I have started with a house that I invented during a Liberty Hall writing exercise based on the words "tarnished walnut panelling." I also have a title, provided by Corvus: "The Pervasive Aroma of Pesto."

So far today I've written around 600 words. I've discovered that my main character's name is Tony, and that his mother has disappeared. There is also crazy Uncle Al and a mysterious embroidered shower curtain that is sure to be the key to everything.

I have a feeling that it will be heading into the realms of urban fantasy very quickly, which is fine by me. I'm looking forward to finding out what's going on, and why Tony's mother disappeared.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting! Keep us posted, and good luck with NaNo!

Dan

November 2, 2005 at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home