.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Starting Over

At less than 2000 words I stalled out on my TriMo novel. I hated it and couldn't stand the thought of writing any more. I finally decided that it needs to be urban fantasy instead of straight fantasy. Now I'm getting excited again.

I'm not going to talk much about what I plan to write, because I've found that if I do that my mind thinks that the story has already been told and I can't write it anymore. But I will say this: I'm planning to use some of the interesting legends I've discovered while living in Tucson as the basis for some of the fantasy elements. Most of the basic plot will be the same as what I had planned originally.

It's hard to find the time to write, though, because Corvus is going to be gone for the next two weeks and I have his chores as well as my own to take care of. Oh, well, I'll manage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home