.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Friday, August 19, 2005

A Trip to the Mall

On Wednesday, Corvus, Tiger, and I went to the mall. The main order of business was to get new tires for my car, as I will be driving to Yuma and back this weekend. We dropped the car off at Sears then wandered off to the rest of the mall. Tiger had a lot of fun holding onto a set of socks her daddy was buying (and chewing on them too!)

I decided to get my hair trimmed, as it had been over a year since the last time. This was the worst haircut I've ever gotten. My hair was past my waist, and I told the woman to cut off six inches. This would be enough to get rid of the split ends and even it up. I suppose I should have been worried when she didn't know how long six inches was. "As long as this comb?" she asked. The comb was about the right length, so I told her yes.

Well, I knew when she was done that she had cut off more than I wanted, but I was so focused on getting my car fixed and keeping Tiger happy (she was getting tired), that I didn't really notice how short it was until I got home. I had Corvus measure the difference in lengths, and she had cut off ten inches! Sheesh. Now my hair is at the really obnoxious mid-back length: not short enough to be any easier to take care of, but too short to do any of the neat hair tricks that I like.

So if any Tucsonans are reading this, don't go to Planet Hair Care at the Park Place Mall.

As for the car, not only did it need new tires, but the front brakes were worn down to the metal. So they had to keep it another couple of hours to replace the brake pads. By the time it was ready, we were thoroughly sick of the mall. But at least I'll make it though Telegraph Pass now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home