.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Napolean Dynamite VS Rushmore

At the urging of my sister-in-law, we recently watched Napolean Dynamite. I had thought that it sounded very similar to Rushmore, a movie that I love. Well, yes. Both are about high school misfits who gain acceptance of a sort by the end of the movie. Utimately, though, I found Rushmore to be the more satisfying movie. In Napolean Dynamite, the characters are caricatures and we are shown very few glimpses into their deeper motivations. In Rushmore, although the characters are almost as strange, they feel so much more real.

Utimately, Napolean Dynamite is an entertaining piece of fluff, but Rushmore is entertaining and satisfying.

But, try them both and see which one you like better.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home