.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Monday, October 24, 2005

A Screw Loose and Seduced by Paper

So, finding the proper screws for my sewing machine was anticlimacticly easy. Cathey's Vac and Sew just happened to have a 70's Kenmore sewing machine, so they took the screws out and gave them to me. They didn't even charge. I feel kind of silly for making so much drama out of the process.

--

On Friday, Lesley and I went to a big scrapbooking sale at the fairgrounds. They were advertising supplies at 50-75% off retail. I don't do much scrapbooking, but I can't resist interesting paper. At first I thought I would be safe, because all of the paper there was 12" X 12", and I've only worked with 8 1/2" X 11". But there was so much neat paper there that I finally broke down and decided to switch to the larger size.

We spent a couple of hours there visually devouring the displays, until Tiger decided she had seen enough. I left with a lot of paper and some embellishments for pages I plan to make: baby, Tiger's first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. I also plan to start a publication scrapbook for myself, with a page for each short story that I have published.

Of course, looking at all these supplies inspired us, so I went over to her apartment the next day to scrapbook. In five hours I managed to finish two pages. *sigh* Scrapbooking is such a time-consuming craft, but I like it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home