.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Friday, October 28, 2005

Snowflakes and Thread Crochet

I really enjoy crocheting with thread, the smaller the better. Last year I bought the two smallest hooks I could find (.5mm and .4mm, respectively) from Lacis.com. The .5mm hook with #50 cotton sewing thread has become my favorite combination; anything bigger feels so bulky and unwieldy. I would really like to experiment with the smaller hook, but I would have to special order any cotton thread smaller than #50. Lacis has down to size #185! Hopefully someday soon I'll get a chance to order some thread from them. I'm thinking that #120 will probably be about right for my hook.

Snowflake Christmas ornaments are fun to crochet. I have a few that I made for sale in my shop at Etsy.com. My shop is called "Delicate Designs" and I plan to add other thread crochet items soon. Possibilities include tiny snowflake earrings and doilies and lace for scrapbooking.

3 Comments:

Blogger MaggieBlue said...

Your snowflake ornies are really pretty. I've tried to crochet with thread and felt like a clumsy giant. Sport weight yarn is about the thinnest I've ever used. Happy crocheting! :)

October 29, 2005 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Mel, Foxtail Farm said...

Thanks for stopping by! I took a look at your blog and found it very interesting. I have the exact opposite problem as you: yarn is so thick that I can't figure out how to hold it properly.

October 30, 2005 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your snowflakes are beautiful! Your in-laws would love to have some for Christmas. (HINT, HINT!)

RCameron

November 3, 2005 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home