.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Saturday, January 21, 2006

More reviews

I just found another review of Shimmer's October 2005 issue, including "A Convocation of Clowns," here (scroll down).

"Last, "A Convocation of Clowns" by Mel Cameron will appeal to the clown-haters out there (which is probably most people.)"

Currently, I have two other stories submitted to markets, "Howard's Proposal" and "The Toppled Towers." They've both received very favorable comments from my fellow writers, so hopefully they will find a home soon.

It seems like every story idea I've been coming up with lately will require a novel to fully explore it. This is very strange to me, because I've had the most success with writing very short fiction. The most I've ever written was 5,000 words on my failed NaNoWriMo attempt, and most of that was garbage. The longest decent story I've written was around 3,100 words, but it needs some more work before I can send it out again.

The trigger for the current short story challenge at Liberty Hall has spawned yet another novel concept, but at least this time I think that the first section of the story would be an ok stand-alone. So my goal is to write at least that much by the time the story is due (Feb 1, I think). I'm hoping that it will be around 10,000 words.

Phew. I'd better get writing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel this is your Aunt Barbara, I also read the blog re the cranes, think you have something there, probably japanese, try to find a museum that deals with japanese bronzes on line, they may be able to id them for you. most museums are very helpful. email me your email address, your mom has mine. hope to hear from you soon, Tiger looks adorable.

January 26, 2006 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home