.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Saturday, March 11, 2006

And we're live!

Our house went on the market on Wednesday night, so the last few days have been a frenzy of cleaning. Well, they would have been a frenzy except that I didn't feel well yesterday. I managed to plod along and keep things from going downhill, at the least. Luckily, there weren't any showings until this morning when I was already feeling better.

It seems like they didn't stay very long. When Corvus and I were looking at homes we generally looked very closely at them and spent quite a bit of time really considering them. The only times we did a cursory examination were when we knew right away that it wasn't a house we wanted. But I have no idea how typical we are in this regard.

I've also put an ad in the paper to sell our goats. Paprika (the alpine doe) will be the easiest to sell, Rhet (the Nigerian dwarf buck) will probably be the hardest. I'm hoping to sell Juliette (Paprika's wild daughter) with Paprika as a companion, because otherwise she'll be a tough sell. She has never been milked, so her yield is unknown, plus she's too wild to be a pet. So if I have to sell her separately it will almost certainly have to be for meat. At least it's the right time of year for it; I've heard that there is a demand for goat meat just before Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home