.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Friday, March 17, 2006

Goats are Popular!

Wow. We've been barraged with phone calls from people interested in our goats. This was the first time I've sold something through the newspaper, so I wasn't quite sure how to handle all these people. Things got complicated.

The first serious caller that I talked to was a man who was starting up a small goat dairy. He was only interested in Paprika and the free milking stand. This was quite the interesting fellow, because in the course of our conversation he told me of two other small businesses he owned/ran (a carpet cleaning service and gem/mineral store). He kept asking if I needed my carpets cleaned.

Strangeness aside, he seemed to be a serious caller, so we made plans for him to come look at the goats on Monday.

OK, now what do I do with all the other people calling in about Paprika and the milking stand? I didn't really want to make more appointments until after Mr. Entrepeneur came by, but I also didn't want to alienate potential buyers. So I took down names and numbers and promised to call back if the goats were still available after Monday.

Well, Mr. Entrepeneur never called on Monday. In fact, I haven't heard from him since our conversation last Sunday, so he's out. I had been playing phone tag with a woman who lived in our area, and I finally managed to connect with her on Tuesday. She was interested in all of the goats! She and her boyfriend came over to look at them that evening. She fell in love with the does, while he really liked Rhet. I have to admit, Rhet is a cute little guy:



They also want to buy the goats' houses, plus the fence panels for their pens. I have a deposit in hand, so they're definitely serious. They already have an Alpine and a few Nigerian dwarfs, so my three should fit in just fine. It's very cool to sell all of them in one pass.

Now we just need to find someone to buy our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home