.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Crow's Nest

A bird's-eye view of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Adena, Ohio, United States

Saturday, July 29, 2006

More linen closet

Corollary to Mel's Law of Renovation #1: Things will always cost more than you expect.

I picked up the lumber for the linen closet shelves yesterday. It ended up being around $65. I could have bought cheaper wood, but it was all pitted and rough. Since these are indoor shelves, I decided that the paint-grade boards were the best bet.

After I got home, I realized that I had bought one shelf too few. However, I think I'll just leave the top shelf off. This will give more space for bulky things like quilts, of which we have a lot.

Today I started prying off the old shelves. Apparently, underneath the tar-stuff and two layers of paint there were nails holding the shelves onto the braces. Obviously, there was no way I could get at those nails so I ended up banging on the underside of the shelves with a hammer until they came up. So far, I've removed two levels, with three more to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home